- Application of Cape Vincent Wind Power, LLC, for a Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need to Construct an Approximately 200-285 Megawatt Wind Electric Generating Facility in the Town of Cape Vincent, New York.
- May 1, 2013 - Notice of Pre-application Conference to Consider Intervenor Funding Requests and to Initiate the Stipulation Process
- April 10, 2013 - Notice of Available Intervenor Funds and Deadline for Submitting Funding Requests
March 13, 2012
- NYS Board on Electric Generation Siting and the Environment Meeting Notice
The Siting Board publishes newly proposed rules as well as proposed changes to existing rules as prescribed by the State Administrative Procedure Act (SAPA) in the exercise of its decision making. After publication and receipt of public comment, the agency may either adopt, revise or withdraw the proposal.
Siting Board SAPA notices are available on the NY State Department of State Web Site:
- NYS Register (Note: Click on any date with a hyperlink to view the table of contents for that date's Register. Details for that data is available from links on the table of contents).
The Department of State is responsible for producing the weekly New York State Register, which plays a central role in the rule making process. The Register contains notices of newly proposed rules as well as proposed changes to existing rules.
After publication in the Register and receipt of public comment, the Siting Board may either adopt, revise or withdraw the proposal. If adopted, the Siting Board must file the full text of the rule with the Department of State. At the same time, a "Notice of Adoption" is published in the Register, indicating that the proposal has in fact, been adopted. If the final rule will be substantially different from the proposed rule, the Siting Board must publish a "Notice of Revised Rule Making" and accept public comment for at least another 30 days. If a proposal is withdrawn, the Siting Board cannot adopt the same or a similar proposal without first providing the public with another opportunity to comment.