The Commission regulates the rates and services of 277 private water companies serving approximately eight hundred thirty thousand people. Private water companies are found all across New York State. The majority of the companies are small. There are 100 companies with less than 50 customers and another 40 companies with 50 to 100 customers. There are approximately 145 systems run by homeowners associations.
Water utilities regulated by the PSC
- Case 13-W-0295 - United Water New York Inc., Rates for Water Service
- Case 11-W-0082 - United Water Owego-Nichols Inc., Rates for Water Service
- Case 11-W-0082 - United Water New York Inc.
- Case 11-W-0200 - Long Island Water Corporation d/b/a Long Island American Water for Water Service
- Case 11-W-0472 - American Water Works Acquisition
- Regulated Water Utility Listing
- Department of Health: http://www.health.ny.gov/
- National Association of Water Companies: http://www.nawc.org [external link]
- American Water Works Association: http://www.awwa.org [external link]
See other web pages in the category: Water