There are several ways that consumers can contact the Department with complaints, inquiries or comments about their utility service:
- Helpline (general complaints and inquiries): 1-800-342-3377 (8:30 am - 4:00 pm)
- Competitive Energy Hotline complaints about Energy Service Companies: 1-888-697-7728 (8:30 am - 4:00 pm)
- Hotline for terminations of gas or electric service: 1-800-342-3355 (7:30 am - 7:30pm)
- Are you unsure if your complaint should be addressed to the PSC?
- File your utility complaint with the PSC
- On-line: You can file a complaint or review complaint statistics comment on Commission proceedings; you may also ask a question about your utility service.
By Mail: Office of Consumer Services, NYS Department of Public Service, 3 Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12223
The Commission is charged by law with the responsibility to set rates and ensure that adequate service is provided by New York's utilities. The New York State Public Service Commission, Department of Public Service regulates:
See other web pages in the category: Consumer Information,
See other web pages in the category: Complaint Filing and Dispute Resolution