The "Public Information Coordinator" means an office created within the Department which shall assist and advise interested parties and members of the public in participating in the siting and certification of major electric generating facilities. The duties of the public information coordinator shall include, but not be limited to:
- implementing measures that assure full and adequate public participation in matters before the board;
- responding to inquiries from the public for information on how to participate in matters before the board;
- assisting the public in requesting records relating to matters before the board;
- ensuring all interested persons are provided with a reasonable opportunity to participate at public meetings relating to matters before the board;
- ensuring that all necessary or required documents are available for public access on the department's website; and
- any other duties as may be prescribed by the Board, after consultation with the Department.
Contact the Public Information Coordinator:
NYS Department of Public Service
3 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12223
All documents, including proposed Public Involvement Program plans, should be addressed to the Department of Public Service and submitted to DPS by filing with the Secretary using the Secretary's filing guidelines.