Return to Help Menu
The Advanced Search screen will allow you to construct a search of your choice for documents or for cases.
The default type of search will return a list of Matters or Cases that meet your search criteria.
You can also do a Document search to return a list of Documents that meet your search criteria. There is a separate help file for the "Document" type of search.
The top portion of the screen, under the blue "Matter/Case Search" banner, allows you to enter criteria for finding information about a Commission Matter or Case.
If you enter more than one search criteria, the search results will be the logical "and" of all the criteria. That is to say, in order to be returned by the search, a record would have to meet all the criteria entered on the screen.
- Matter/Case Number
. If you know the identifying number given the matter or case by the Commission, enter it here. If you enter this information, leave the rest of the screen blank and click on the "Search" button. You may want to know more about how Case and Matter numbers are constructed
- Start Date From
: Start Date To:
Use these fields to search for Cases or Matters that were started by the Commission between two dates. You can type dates in these fields in mm/dd/yyyy format (e.g. 04/09/2009) or you can use the calendar controls next to the fields to pick a date from a calendar. If you are not sure when the Commission started a case, leave these fields blank.
- Matter Type: Use the drop down list to limit your search results to a certain type of Matter or Case (e.g. Petition, Tariff, Rulemaking). If you are not sure what type of case or matter you are looking for, leave this field blank.
- Matter Subtype: Each matter type can have multiple subtypes. For example, a Petition type case may have a subtype of "Major Rate", "Minor Rate" or "Non-rate". Use the drop down list to limit your search results to a certain subtype of Matter or Case. If you are not sure what subtype of case or matter you are looking for, leave this field blank.
- Company Name: Entering a Company name here will limit your search to Cases or Matters that pertain to that company. Enter a company name by clicking on the "Add" link under the Company Name label. If you are not sure what company your search pertains to, leave this field blank. Read more help about selecting a company.
- Industry Affected: Use the drop down list to limit your search results to a Matter or Case that pertain to a certain industry. (Electric, Gas, Water etc.). If you are not sure what industry you are looking for, leave this field blank.
When you have the screen filled out as you require, click the "Search" button (on the top or bottom of the screen). You will see search results like illustrated below.
Each line in the grid returned from this search refers to a case or matter that has been opened by the Commission.
On this screen, when you see column headers that have hyperlinks (e.g. Matter Case No.
, Matter Type
), you can click on that header to sort the grid by that column.
- Matter Case No. - The identifying number given the case by the Commission. You can click on the Matter/Case Number to get more information about that Case/Matter.
- Matter Type - The type of matter. (e.g. Petition, Tariff, Complaint etc.)
- Matter SubType - The sub type that goes along with the matter type. (e.g. for Tariff type cases, the sub-type can be Non-rate, Minor rate etc.)
- Start Date - The date the case or matter was opened by the Commission
- Matter/Case Title - The title given to the case by the Commission
See other web pages in the category: Help