The Commission take seriously its responsibility enforcing regulations for the protection of underground facilities known as Part 753 or Code Rule 53 and more commonly referred to as 811, Call Before You Dig, or Dig Safely.
NYS has two One Call Notification Centers covering the state. Excavators are to provide notice of intent to excavate by contacting the appropriate One Call Notification Center:
For Bronx, Kings, New York, Kings, Richmond, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties:
For all other Counties:
Requests for Enforcement may be made to Safety@dps.ny.gov
. Please provide as much detail as possible concerning possible violation. Be sure to include:
- Date and location of possible violation
- Detailed nature of the possible violation (including 16 NYCRR Cite if known)
- Company Name and Address responsible for the possible violation
- One Call ticket number, if applicable
- Unground Facility(ies) damaged or placed at risk due a possible violation
- Any evidence available to support the possible violation
- A telephone number as means of contact for additional information.
For listing Commission Part 753 Enforcement Proceedings click here
For PHMSA's evaluation of New York State's Damage Prevention Program click here
See other web pages in the category: Natural Gas